Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bob the Butler - at your service

How may I be of service?

During my life of service, I have had the pleasure and good fortune to serve some of the wealthiest and most noble families in Great Britain.

And as a gentleman's gentleman, it has been my duty to retain those little snippets of information that may be asked of me by my masters. Sometimes, I volunteer such information as appropriate to the occasion, whilst other times, I wait to be asked first.

Such is the depth of my knowledge and experience on matters 'home improvement', my present masters have given me leave to assist their adoring public (you)with their own home improvement queries and questions.

So speak and I shall do my very best to help you.

Post your question as a comment to this post.

6 comments:

Home Improvement Quotes said...

I just visited your awning quoter website - it says wind and sun sensors are standard. Why?

Home Improvement Quotes said...

Bob Says... Wind and sun sensors help you make the most of your awning - wind sensors will automatically wind in your awning to prevent it being damaged by high winds and sun sensors will extend your awning to protect furnishings even when you're not at home. Installing these features at time of fitting is much cheaper than having them fitted later so we only provide quotes for ready installed.

Anonymous said...

In my experience an awning that doesn't have a degree of automation is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

You'll just leave it either furled or unfurled and then it doesn't have the benefits that you really need from an awning

Anonymous said...

It appaers I don't have enough cacity for wall installation according to two estimaters any other solutions

Anonymous said...

do you have to have planning permission to create a drive when you live in a conservation area?

Home Improvement Quotes said...

re planning permission for a driveway in a conservation area....

Check with your local planning authority for more information. It's possible I suppose that they may insist on a particular surface etc if there are no other objections.

If you're creating a new driveway and access onto a road, then you may need to check this separately anyway as there are restrictions on where driveway access can be allowed.

Some home owners have got around such access restrictions by having a car turntable fitted to avoid reversing out onto a road etc.